Getting Onto the Plane
This paper, outlines the benefits of yacht racing sponsorship. It argues that the sport of sailing has much to offer, both in terms of brand benefits and return on investment. Whether you are looking at sponsorship of the America’s Cup, Volvo Ocean Race, Extreme Sailing Series, World Match Racing Tour or a local event, this will help you sell your story.
Each section gives an overview of topics and themes. The publication is available as an e-book (PDF), or you can read it online.
Sport is big business. Or at least it was. In 2008, the value of sports sponsorship was estimated at about $USD 30 Billion. Current economic conditions will affect all professional sports, but some will suffer more than others. Some sports may even benefit as brands re-evaluate their sponsorships against smaller budgets and in some cases, increased public scrutiny. While some brands will withdraw into things they know, pursuing safe and tested strategies, others will take a new look at the available options.
This article will argue that one option that should be considered when considering sports sponsorships is sailing, or yacht racing.
- A DEVELOPING SPORTS MARKETING OPPORTUNITY
- THE CASE FOR YACHT RACING
- BRAND ASSOCIATION
- MEDIA SAVVY TEAMS AND COMPETITORS.
- OTHER SPONSORSHIP BENEFITS
- RETURN ON INVESTMENT (ROI) AND OBJECTIVES (ROO)
- VOLVO OCEAN RACE 2009 – HALF WAY STUDY
- CHOICES FOR SPONSORS
- ACTIVATION – SPONSORSHIP IS ONLY HALF THE STORY
- SPONSORSHIP & TECHNOLOGY. FIND YOUR AUDIENCE. ENGAGE.